We’re overwhelmed with the amount of love we’ve received for our upcoming Summer Brunch Soiree. In return, we’ve been working hard to make sure it’s absolutely the most fabulous brunch you’ll ever go to in D.C. And we have a lot in store …
– Ris, for one, is preparing an amazing menu. We’re going to give you the full scoop on what’s for brunch next week.
– Those passed small brunch plates will be complemented by bottomless mimosas—and everyone will be a “Bitch Who Brunches” with a special gift when they arrive.
– A fashion show with summer brunch styles from Rue 14 and South Moon Under will be strutted down the catwalk by local celebrities, including the former Miss Delaware!
– The fashion show will kick off with an upbeat dance performance from DC Dance Collective.
– DJ Raha Wala will be spinning Saturday afternoon music.
– Author Helena Andrews will be in attendance signing copies of her new paperback book, Bitch is the New Black.
– Four local artists will showcase their work, donating a portion of sales to DC Farm to School.
– Guests will leave with gifts from our sponsors, which we will be highlighting throughout the coming weeks. (In addition to brunch reviews, of course, we would never leave you hanging like that!)
All this and you’ll be giving back to an amazing charity—DC Farm to School—to help bring fresh, nutritious food to kids in D.C.-area public schools.
To get us even more pumped for the event, one of our sponsors, popchips, has agreed to give away a month’s worth of popchips to one of our attendees!
We Bitches love popchips. Cori Sue loves BBQ and Becca is a fan of salt and vinegar. They’re “healthy” chips that are popped rather than baked or fried. Popchips are free of bad stuff like msg, fake flavors, hydrogenated oils, or anything else that will kill you in processed foods. Best of all, they’re still 100 calories a bag (Cori Sue has been known to go back for a second bag from the cafeteria).
To win, (1) simply buy your ticket and click “attending” on Facebook (2) leave your name and favorite popchips flavor below. Winner will be announced next week (and contacted via e-mail) … and there will be more giveaways coming soon!
Tickets are selling fast, so make sure you get yours today.