Every year, I make about a dozen small resolutions, which include everything from bad habits I want to break, goals I want to accomplish and trips I want to take. (Type A much?) I usually knock out about 10 of the 12. This year, my dear friend and Colombian travel partner, Anna, said to pick a word for the year, sort of like a theme.
Because I can’t pick just one, I’ve decided upon “stress management” and “enrichment.” I intend to accomplish aforementioned words by traveling, exercising, reading more, and focusing on hobbies I enjoy.
First step? Sign up for goodreads, then spend too much money at KramerBooks.
Second step? Create Boston Marathon training plan, then spend too much money at Lululemon. (Have you felt that chill? A windbreaker was a must-have.)
Third step? Head to Whole Foods, then stock up on baking supplies and pull out the pink mixer.
Looks like my resolution to save money may never come to fruition.
And now, in the name of enrichment, I bring you a delicious recipe for fancy pants cream-cheese filled cupcakes. What are your words for 2012 and how do you plan to accomplish them?
– 1 cup all-purpose flour
– 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
– 1 tsp. baking powder
– 1/2 tsp. salt
– 6 tbsp. butter, softened
– 3/4 cup sugar, plus 2 tablespoons
– 1 egg, at room temperature
– 2/3 cup milk, at room remperature
– 5 ounces cream cheese, softened
– 3 tsp. vanilla extract
– 2 tbsp. mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
-3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
– 1/3 cup heavy cream
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Farenheit.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Set aside.
3. Using a mixer, cream together the butter and 3/4 cup sugar until pale yellow, for about one minute. Add the egg and stir until combined.
4. Gently add half of the flour mixture and stir until just incorporated. Mix in the milk. Add the remaining flour mixture and stir until combined, set aside.
5. In a small bowl, mix together the cream cheese, 2 tbsp. sugar, and vanilla. Stir in the chocolate chips/
6. Fill the prepared cupcake liners with enough chocolate batter to cover the bottom. Add a dollop of the cream cheese filling to each, then top with remaining batter, so that the cream cheese filling is not visible.
7. For the frosting: melt chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl, for approximately 1 minue. Stir in cream, whisking until chocolate mixture is fully melted and smooth.
8. Bake cupcakes for 18 minutes, let cool.
9. Dip each cupcake into the ganache, forming an even layer of frosting
Blogger’s Note: Leopard cupcake liners are not required but highly recommended.