Nothing saddens me more than the end of summer. And this summer was quite an epic one, filled with plenty of glorious days sipping champagne and spending time with friends at the Penthouse Pool.
Anyone who knows me knows that I love that pool. In fact, my relationship with the VIDA Fitness group is a total body love affair: The VIDA trainers keep me fit, the Aura Spa massages keep me flex, and the pool keeps me relaxed.
So I was thrilled—thrilled, I tell you—when VIDA Fitness announced that it was building a new location, complete with a second Penthouse Pool, this one perhaps even more glorious than the first.
The new location, in the shiny new Navy Yard next to fancy-pants condos and across the street from the Bluejacket Brewery, is a monster one at 30,000 square feet. But beyond its size, the company has taken all its lessons from its other clubs and has built, perhaps, the most futuristic fitness center in Washington.
Recently, I was treated to a hard-hat tour, which means I paraded around with the new manager, Richie Poe, and asked him plenty of annoying questions. Here are my top 10 reasons why I love the new Navy Yard VIDA Fitness and Penthouse Pool location:
- Four epic floors of fitness with floor-to-ceiling windows and great views.
- A hot yoga studio that heats and cools in 15 minutes.
- A spinning studio with a giant virtual reality screen, so you can take a spin class like you’re cycling through the French alps.
- USB plugs and chargers in every locker. No, really.
- A kids daycare area (Kid Zone!) for the moms and dads to drop their kids off and work out.
- A big parking garage attached to the gym. Super convenient.
- A stunning Aura Spa with plenty of treatment rooms.
- Penthouse Pool cabanas with couches and teevees (like Vegas!).
- Insane views of the Anacostia river from the Penthouse.
- Floating daybeds, right in the pool.
Lucky me, the new location opens today! And lucky you, if you become a member, you’ll get an invitation to the members-only grand opening party at the Penthouse Pool on October 18.
Right now, VIDA Fitness is offering two free months of membership when you buy a 50 pack of personal training sessions in celebration of its eigth birthday. Tell ‘em the Bitches sent you.