I’m going through a sweetgreen phase. I understand I’m late in the game here, but when I started my Citibike membership last month, it became ten times easier to grab a salad 10 blocks away and return home without it getting soggy. I really love their offerings and despite being “salad-ed” out by dinnertime, I still get excited when Paul agrees to do takeout here.
That being said, my upcoming nuptials mean I need to really cool it with takeout. I decided to recreate one of my favorite sweetgreen salads, Guacamole Greens, for a recent dinner, and it turned out just as good as the original.
This is so simple, fresh, and hearty, so it was a bonus for both my starving fiancé and my lighter appetite. I’m a big fan of pre-cooked rotisserie chickens from Whole Foods, which makes this even easier. Enjoy!
Guacamole Greens Salad
- ½ Hass avocado
- 10 grape tomatoes
- ¼ small red onion
- 5 cups mesclun lettuce
- 6 ounces rotisserie chicken
- 6 tortilla chips
- Wedges of lime
Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette (makes additional servings)
- ¼ of a bunch of cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar
- ½ teaspoon stoneground mustard
- Pinch of salt and garlic powder
- ½ cup olive oil
- Cube avocado, slice grape tomatoes, and chop the red onion.
- Divide lettuce between two plates and top with chopped vegetables, shredded rotisserie chicken, and crushed tortilla chips.
- In a food processor or blender, add all ingredients for the vinaigrette. Blend until most of the cilantro is dispersed, and adjust to taste.
- Serve the salad with the cilantro lime vinaigrette and wedges of lime to squeeze on top.