I decided to give zucchini noodles a go last week to continue in the trend of my recent Spiralizer obsession. With the promise of little more than salt, pepper, and a few zucchinis, I was immediately sold on this recipe. Plus, I’d traveled the full week for work and was in desperate need of something that wasn’t served on a silver platter to my hotel room.
My body thanked me for the veggie overload and my fiancé thanked me for not subjecting him to another dinner of eggs, his go-to cuisine when I’m out of town. Enjoy!
- 3 strips of bacon
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 pinch of red pepper flakes
- 3 medium zucchinis, Blade C
- freshly cracked black pepper, from a grinder
- 1/4 cup grated pecorino romano cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmigiano reggiano cheese + more to garnish
- Place a large skillet over medium heat and coat lightly with cooking spray.
- Add in the bacon and cook for 3-5 minutes and then flip over, cooking for another 2-3 minutes.
- Once done, remove and place on a paper-towel lined plate.
- Remove all of the oil from the bacon except for 2 tbsp.
- Add in the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook for 30 seconds.
- Then, add in the zucchini noodles and toss to cook, for about 2-3 minutes.
- Season the zucchini with about 5 cracks of the pepper and add in the cheeses.
- Toss to combine thoroughly and then plate into two bowls.
- Top each bowl with a few more cranks of black pepper and crumble over a piece and a half of bacon in each bowl.
- Garnish with additional parmigiano reggiano cheese.