Have a bowl full of bananas that are too brown to eat? The worst. The Bitches in the Kitchen save the day with this protein-packed recipe. I usually make a loaf of banana bread, but muffins are so much easier to grab on-the-go and share with friends and co-workers! I love the texture the oats and walnuts add to the recipe, it also makes the muffins very filling.
If you’re a big chocolate gal, try Emily’s recipe for Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins instead.
4 ripe bananas, mashed
⅓ cup melted butter
¾ cup sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 tstp. vanilla
1 tsp. baking soda
⅛ tsp. kosher salt
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1 tst. cinnamon
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup oats (I used old fashioned oats, but quick oats will work too.)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease your muffin pan.
2. In a large mixing bowl, mix the butter into the mashed bananas.
3. Mix in the sugar, egg and vanilla.
4. Add the baking soda, cinnamon, and salt and stir to combine.
5. Add the flour and mix until just incorporated.
6. Fold in the chopped walnuts and oats.
7. Pour mixture into prepared muffin pan.
8. Bake 25-30 minutes until golden brown and once a knife inserted into the center of the muffin comes out clean.
Recipe adapted from: A Sweet Pea Chef.